Wednesday, January 20, 2010

CHRISTMAS PART V - CHRISTMAS DAY

There is nothing better than Christmas morning. The kids were so excited to play with their toys that we had to remind them there were more toys and gifts to open.
We started with stockings. Dade had to make sure every last thing was emptied. I was sure he was going to put his head in, just to double check.

After Christmas morning at our house we went to Oma's House for the second round of presents. The kids really love this part. The entire living room is covered with gifts.

This is Aislyn's shot of her arm all the way up her stocking at Oma's. She didn't believe me when I told her it was empty.
I love this picture. Dade is focused on his new toys and AZ is looking right at the camera. She never misses a beat.
In the tradition of my Aunt Loretta, I brought a pinata. I can't remember a Christmas growing up that didn't have a pinata. It was definitely the highlight. I think it was a great hit this year too. Unfortunately I didn't get any good pictures of the little kids hitting the pinata. The only ones that turned out our this one of Grandpa and ...
this final shot of Katy's. I'm still not sure who liked the pinata the best...the kids or the big kids. Thanks Aunt Loretta.

I love the holidays. I am still sad that it is all over. It took us a long time to put all the decorations away this year. Can't wait till next year.

2 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

I really like that last picture and seeing what everyone was doing. Of course pierce is in the mix- CANDY! And millerman is already stuffing his face! awesome

The Clay's said...

I miss the pinata SO bad!!! Your kids are getting so big! I can't believe I haven't seen them in 2 1/2 years!! Miss you lots!