Monday, February 16, 2015

DADE'S BAPTISM


I have tears in my eyes as I write this entry.
Dade turned 8 in October of 2013.  Due to several scheduling difficulties (Cousins baptism, Katy's Wedding, Katy's Open House, etc.) Dade had to wait until February 8th of 2014 to be baptized. 
It was a beautiful Texas Winter Day.


My parents came along with Susan's Family.


These kids don't know how lucky they are.


We were so happy to celebrate this wonderful day with Dade.


We spent months getting Dade ready by having Family Home Evening lessons tailored around the importance of baptism.  We took every opportunity we could to educate and encourage him.  One day shortly before Dade's 8th birthday I was sitting with him outside on the back porch discussing baptism and the covenants we make.  I told him that the most important thing the day of his baptism will be to remember the promises he is making.  I told him it doesn't matter who is there to witness it or who baptizes him.  Just that he is making a promise to be a follower of Christ and he would need to be an example to others.  He asked me who baptized me and I answered "Papa".  Dade then asked if Papa could baptize him as well.  I was totally taken off guard.  I had just told him it didn't matter who did what or who was there and then he asked this.  I asked why and with the sweetest face you have ever seen he told me that Papa and he were special to each other.  They share the same birthday, they even both turned 8's together (he meant that he was turning 8 and Papa was turning 80).  He thought Papa might not get antoher chance to baptize anyone before he dies (tears people, tears).
So, this is a special one for me.  Here is Dade with my Dad.


In an effort to include as many loved ones as possible we asked Opa to confirm.  Grandpa L and Dain were witnesses and then of course all of them in the circle for the confirmation, along with Uncle Brandon.


These are special men.


Brought together by this little boy.


We are here to celebrate you Dade.


One more picture to add...Grandpa L gave Dade a backpack full of treasures.  This hat which he puts on more often them he would probably want me to tell you. The backpack is the one he is using for school.
We love you Dade.  

No comments: