Thursday, February 19, 2015

GLASS BLOWING DATE


In the fall of 2013, Dain and I went to Quebec.  We had an amazing time.  One of the highlights was watching glass blowers at work.  When I found a deal for a glass blowing opportunity in Dallas I couldn't wait to take Dain on this date. 


We each got to pick out what we wanted to make.  We both picked vases, but with different shapes.


Then we chose our colors and off we went to the fires.


Then, while the glass is still hot we got the blow out the middle.  Amazing.
(Dain took pictures of me on his phone, but I don't have them to put on the blog)


Takes more air then you might think. 


During this part he is creating a flat bottom for the base.
The only different thing for me was that I got to use these flat mallet things to squeeze the sides flat.  It sparked when I did it. AWESOME.

No comments: