Monday, December 21, 2009

AMSTERDAM PART I

I decided it would probably be easiest to put these pictures into three separate groups. The first group will be from our first days in Amsterdam. After that I will do the pictures from our trip down to Brugge, Belgium. Lastly, I will do a few more from the last two days in Amsterdam.

One of the many beautiful churches in the heart of Amsterdam. As you can also see, it was foggy or rainy or cold everyday we were there. It will look like I never changed my clothes...I had to wear the same jacket everyday.

Dain on the other hand brought several different light weight jackets and was able to change them up.

These shoes made us laugh. We just had to get a picture.

One of the best things about going in November was that they were already set up for Christmas so all the streets were decked out.

This was the only way to get a picture of both of us.

My favorite part of the trip was our visit to Anne Frank's House.
This is the front of the house. The bottom two levels were used as a business that continued to run while the Frank family and 4 others lived in the upper back portion.

Not a bad looking house boat. Not a bad looking location either.
This was our hotel. It was originally a convent...hence the name Convent Hotel. We slept great (thank you blackout shades) and the best part it was close to everything...the train station, city center, food, etc.

This is by far the prettiest train station I have ever seen. We stopped in Antwerp to change trains on our way to Brugge.
More pictures coming soon...

No comments: